Daniel is an Australian qualified, independent financial planner specialising in Australian and British expats in the UAE. Alongside his role with Holborn, Daniel also works for an Australian financial planning firm managing the superannuation and tax planning needs of Australian expats, making him one of the only financial planners in the UAE operating under both the UAE and Australian financial licenses.
Possessing over six years’ experience as a personal financial planner, along with over 12 years in financial services, Daniel has previous experience as an tax accountant, insurance broker and university teacher. Degree qualified in accounting, Daniel also holds a Master of Commerce and Diploma of Financial Planning.
Actively involved in the UAE and Australian expat community, Daniel is a longstanding committee member, sponsor and event organiser for the ‘Aussies Abroad’ social group, a AusBG member and contributor, and a committee member for UAE’s Business Networking International (BNI) Chapter.
Daniel’s specialties include:
- Offshore banking – establishing a multi-currency account in the Isle of Man
- Investment – investing lump sums or regular amounts into tax free vehicles offshore
- Superannuation – managing expats super inc consolidation, investment strategy and contributions
- UK pension transfer - Moving offshore or into SIPP for tax efficiency and estate planning benefits
- Education planning – investing surplus cashflow into a structured savings plan held offshore
- Foreign exchange – accessing wholesale foreign exchange rates
- Personal protection – global life cover, TPD (disability) cover and critical illness (trauma) cover
- Wills/succession planning – UAE held assets subject to sharia law on death unless expat will in place
- Property investment – end to end global property search, selection and acquisition inc lending
- General insurance - inc home, motor, health and business insurance
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) – ACU National, 2007, Melbourne Australia
- Master of Commerce – RMIT University, 2012, Melbourne Australia
- Diploma of Financial Planning - International Institute of Technology, 2014, Melbourne Australia