Paul is a Certified Financial Planner and a member of the Financial Planning Institute of South Africa.
Paul believes in holistic financial planning and understands that all clients are different. He takes the time to educate his clients and provides tailor-made solutions to fit their needs and budge. He has been in the financial services industry since 2007, working his way up from an assistant to a Portfolio Manager and then Operations Manager for a large brokerage in Cape Town. No two clients are the same, and Paul specialises in providing bespoke solutions to fit individual needs and budgets.
Being a new dad, Paul has recently entered a new stage of his personal financial planning and uses his own experiences to help his clients. Having personally suffered short-term injuries and being exposed to critical illnesses and permanent disabilities within his family and close circle of friends, he has seen both sides of the coin.
Having studied and worked in the South African market for over 8 years, Paul fully understands the local products, laws and taxes and uses this knowledge to the benefit of his expat clients.
Skills and expertise
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning, University of Free State (2009-2010), South Africa
- Certificate in Wealth Management, University of Stellenbosch (2007-2008), South Africa
- First Level Regulatory Examination for Representatives, Financial Services Board / Moonstone, (2011), Cape Town, South Africa
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Finance, Economics & Marketing), University of Kwazulu-Natal, (2003-2006), Durban, South Africa
- Matric Certificate with Merit (IEB), St Henry’s Marist Brothers College Durban (1998-2002), Durban, South Africa
Paul got married to Lauren Baker in 2013 and they welcomed their first child into the world on in July 2016.
He and Lauren are avid travelers but at the moment they are both enjoying being parents. Paul tries to run and stay fit when he can, he has completed a couple of half marathons with his sights set on the Dubai Marathon. He is also a keen cricketer and plays football when he has the time.
His favourite quote is:
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail”
“The way you treat your clients deserves a mark of 200% +, you’re always very helpful and all information is fruitful, simple to understand and delivered with no delays.” – Tilly M.
“Over many years, Paul has advised me on what insurance I should take and also what not to take. He and his team have always been friendly and efficient in our dealings and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending his services.” – Alan M.