News and comment
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neither nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
- Sunday Papers: Shell warns against commodity market regulation
Sun, 19 May 2013 03:08:00 +0100
And Eric Schmidt defends Google's tax affairs following Commons criticism.
- Saturday Papers: Backlash to hit scandal-tainted City
Sat, 18 May 2013 04:18:00 +0100
The British establishment is to make radical reforms to the listing rules on the stock exchange.
- Week Ahead: the conundrum behind the rally
Fri, 17 May 2013 15:34:18 +0100
Our preview of the main financial events in the coming week. Can the stock market rally continue?
- A new look at fund charges and why they matter
Fri, 17 May 2013 13:49:43 +0100
If you?re serious about saving for retirement you need to understand the impact charges will have on your money.
BBC Business News
- Bank governor in Help to Buy warning
Sat, 18 May 2013 20:04:05 GMT
The outgoing Bank of England governor warns a government plan to boost the housing market with part-mortgage guarantees has no long-term place.
- Should we all be more psychopathic?
Sat, 18 May 2013 01:09:47 GMT
Should we all be more psychopathic at work?
- Contactless 'charging errors' at MS
Sat, 18 May 2013 00:56:08 GMT
Some Marks and Spencer customers say its contactless payment terminals have taken cash from cards other than the ones intended for payment.
- Ofcom plans simplified phone numbers
Sat, 18 May 2013 00:47:05 GMT
Some people are "put off" making important calls because of confusion over the amount they will be charged, according to the telecoms regulator.
- Papers focus on Tory tensions
Sun, 19 May 2013 04:53:09 GMT
Papers focus on Conservative Party tensions
- PM 'losing control of party over EU'
Sun, 19 May 2013 04:36:54 GMT
The Conservative leadership is "running scared" of its backbenchers on the issue of Europe, former Tory cabinet minister Lord Howe says.
- VIDEO: A call from the top of the world
Sun, 19 May 2013 04:01:26 GMT
British explorer Daniel Hughes has reached the summit of Mount Everest in an attempt to raise 1m for the charity Comic Relief.
- Nigeria army says crackdown to go on
Sun, 19 May 2013 03:57:21 GMT
Nigeria's army vows to continue its offensive against militants in the north-east "as long as it takes", as a 24-hour curfew is imposed in Maiduguri.
Citywire Money, Tax and Property
- Castle Trust: a bet for both sides of the property market
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:44:11 +0100
We look at a company offering a savings account and a 'shared equity' mortgage that let you take a punt on whether house prices are rising or falling.
- Santander told to contact borrowers about botched rate change
Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:22:56 +0100
The City watchdog has ordered Santander bankto contact 270,000 mortgage borrowerswhom it failed toexplain an important change in their contract five years ago.
- Buy-to-let is booming but beware the pitfalls
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:25:46 +0100
The buy-to-let market is buoyant asinvestors are lured by high rents and cheap mortgages.
- Landlords targeted in HMRC tax clamp down
Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:00:00 Z
HMRC is demanding landlords hand over details of their properties and tenants even if they have declared rental income.